Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Other stuff!

A little while ago I was getting up early and forcing myself to sit down and just draw something in the short time I had (and it was a short time - I wasn't getting up that early). Pretty much anything that took my fancy in that sleepy fuzz before breakfast and the first coffee.
I fell off the wagon, as it were, during the school holidays and started sleeping in instead but I'm about to start again. Soon.
I'll put some of the stuff that comes out of it here.
This is the art critic Herbert Read. He had a reputation for patiently educating people about modern art without making them feel like cultural reactionaries or morons. And he was a public anarchist before the Sex Pistols came along and gave anarchy a bad name.
It doesn't actually look much like him - and I usually can't get a good likeness to save my life - but after doing a run of these I really started to enjoy seeing the new person that came out of my inability to get the drawing to look like the original subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment